Sunday, June 21, 2009

Eight Ball Squash & a Field of Corn




It seemed only a week ago the flowers just started blooming on our squash and now all of sudden there is squash! This is known as Eight Ball Squash, there are three eight-balls right now with more on the way. Hoping to come up with a great recipe and stuff these this week. I am tempted to also pick some of the flowers and stuff them as well, yum! Another surprise this week was what I call our field of corn, there is now corn ! I wasn't expecting anything until at least late July...not sure which variety we have but now thinking maybe they are the "early" corn. They are not quite ready for harvesting but I am thinking in about a week as long as I can get to them before the squirrels realize they are ready for chomping.

No comments:

Post a Comment